Sunday, May 4, 2008

What a semester...


Yet another insane Daily Texan fueled weekend... it began with the NPPA Spring Show, where UT's best photographers displayed large prints of their work and hobnobbed at the best photographic social gathering of the year. Did I mention there was a keg? We're classy at our photo galleries.
Dudders and Andrew
I got to see all of photographer friends and the people who gave me the chance to succeed. I owe everything to Courtney Dudley, left, who gave me the staff photographer position at the Texan in the first place. There were four slots for new photographers, and she entrusted me with one, and for that, I am eternally grateful. It didn't end there, however, because Courtney always took the time to go over my work with me and dispense suggestions and very thoughtful edits. There's probably no one who has had greater direct influence over my style and habits than Duds. And hopefully she's returning next semester to wrap up her UT career!
Silly Stranged
After the gallery show, the night took me all over Austin, and somehow I managed to either see or bump into every ex-girlfriend I've had in recent memory. Then, as if things weren't strange enough, I finally settled into a party at the very house where I lived this summer, where the Daily Texan webmaster now dwells.
Jello Treats
I'll say one thing... journalists work hard, and journalists play hard.

2 comments:

Courtney Dudley said...

caleb, you are too too nice. you are awesome and an amazingly talented photographer and i am so glad to know you!

Grey Areas said...

These photos made me smile.
I'm glad you had a good time, although I do believe that I played a part in that evening, as well.