Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Tattoo


Well, I can FINALLY make this post. I was holding off until I'd told and shown both of my parents in person.
Tattoo
Yup, I got a tattoo for my 20th birthday. Yes, it hurt like hell. Yes, I started giggling uncontrollably halfway through. Yes, I love it. Yes, my mom hates it.
Tattoo
Andrea came to take pictures, and David came for emotional support (he was visiting for my birthday anyways, and I managed to keep this a surprise, even for him!)

I don't have a superb photo of it yet, but I'll post one when I do. In the meantime, here's an iSight snap from this morning.

For those curious: it's an aperture at f/8 within an eye. Seven aperture blades (also, f/8? Fate? I just realized that one the other day) for luck, the eye to represent my newly empowered vision (and to ward off the evil eye, of course.)

Here's to year one of a lifetime of photography. I never want to forget how I feel right now, because I've never been more satisfied with what I'm doing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Despite looking sleepy and having very tiny wrists, you look ridiculously attractive in that last photo.

stop grinning.

cheshire said...

did i take these?

where is that shot of you grimacing?

heavyweather said...

Photos indeed by Andrea Lai :)

I think I liked this one better, since I've got some catchlight on my cheek, but I've still got the grimacing one.