Monday, December 20, 2010

East Coastmas, Pt. 1


Post-graduation wanderlust drew me back to New York to reconnect with my friends from the Texodus (the Daily Texaners who moved to Brooklyn) and Eddie Adams.

Williamsburg

The bike lanes here are fairly treacherous if you're a rodent. Or a cyclist.

Who did I meet on one of my first nights here? Only Philippe Petit, the incredible man who walked the high-wire between the World Trade Towers.

Galya, my dear friend from the workshop.

You know me, always a sucker for Christmas lights.

I took the Amtrak train to Toledo, OH to see another EAW amiga, Sarah Miller (no relation... other than photo kinship.)

We went to Detroit, the rustiest of cities.

I really wanted to see the artistic rejuvenation taking place in this ruined city, so Sarah took me to the Heidelberg Project.

Artists went to a neighborhood full of dilapidated vacant houses and turned it into, well, this. The drug dealers and gangs now leave it alone due to the increased tourist traffic.

More to come...

No comments: