Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Farewell to Davids


Ah, an ode to David, ahem ahem...

Seriously though. My best buddy in the world (a.k.a. hetero life-mate) David came and spent the few days of my birthday with me. Sleeping on the floor with naught but a few scant blankets and pillows! Hardcore, dude.

Intarwebs

I've known David for a looooong time, since 7th grade. There's only a few friends I've had longer than Davey, and I haven't kept up as well with anyone else. We even look similar, so we're told (and I've started to believe it as well.) Dude knows me, in a nutshell.

The most curious and wonderful part of our friendship is that even separated by a thousand miles, we've grown up in much the same way, had many of the same realizations, and come to many of the same conclusions. We're always able to relate to each other. Cue sappiness: the best reason I have to believe in the concept of "soul mates" is this Fry-lookin' kid. He's about as good as they come.

Cross-processed David

Thanks for spending my b-day with me, David!

2 comments:

Eric said...

That's cool. Good to know someone like that.

I have a friend I've known since I was 6. Probably still my best friend, but we didn't have the same realizations or come to the same conclusions. At all. :P

adrian said...

Awwww.

Wish I could have been there too.