Friday, August 22, 2008

Back in Austin


A few photos from the trip on I-35...

Well, I'm back... the insanity of moving is mostly over, though a great deal of work remains in setting up my apartment. It's so strange to have so much stuff. I'm weighed down by it, it certainly slows me down when it comes to travel, but I'm so attached to these relics of my past. A photo is so easy to store and carry with you. Heck, most of my work resides on a digital cloud, accessible anywhere in the world (well, maybe not China.) I don't know why I face so much resistance when I throw away a shitty ceramic piece I threw in high school, or (and this was harder) a candleholder I made in my 2nd grade after-school program. I'm really counting on my memory, I suppose... physical items like these contain so much history, they can really take you back. It's a little easier to toss the items that take me back someplace I wasn't fond of in the first place.
Moving
Anyways, here I am, back in the midst of my favorite city. It's good to be back. I'm in love with Austin's trees and hills.
Bumpity bump
Fence

No comments: